Want some tips on how to eat out on the cheap? Here are 15 tried and true ideas to help you enjoy restaurant food — on a budget.
How to Eat Out on the Cheap
Love eating out? Don’t love how much it can cost? Here are 15 ideas to save money on eating out:a
1. Go out to lunch instead of dinner.
2. Always use restaurant coupons.
3. Order water instead of beverages that cost.
4. Split an entree with someone else when possible.
5. Sign up for Birthday Freebies and use those when you eat out.
6. Go out for dessert instead of a full meal.
7. Use restaurant gift cards that you bought discounted.
8. Sign up for restaurant apps and email lists to be notified of great coupons and specials — or even freebies!
10. Go on Kids’ Eat Free nights.
11. Eat a snack before you leave the house so you’re not as hungry.
12. Don’t order appetizers or desserts.
13. Eat out at Costco or IKEA instead of a restaurant.
14. Apply to be a mystery shopper and you could get paid to eat out! (I have done this many times in the past!)
15. Go to a fast food restaurant with a dollar menu and let everyone choose 1-3 items off the dollar menu!
What are your favorite tips for saving money on eating out? Share them in the comments!
P.S. For more ideas, check out this post on How to Save Money on Eating Out.
Financial News Go