Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I am so happy to be (mostly!) back to cooking and grocery shopping. I still have times during the day when I’m sick to my stomach, but I usually have at least a few times during the day when I’m feeling well enough to cook — which I am so excited about! It’s so good to be in the second trimester.
I’m also back to much healthier eating (and daily salads!) after a number of weeks of just eating whatever I thought I could keep down that had some sort of nutritional value. Man, I have missed salads.
I’ve been in the mood for all things pumpkin now that we are experiencing fall weather here in Nashville, so I’ve been eating a lot of these pumpkin waffles this week!
The kids were excited about the ice cream and granola bars deal. 😉
Also, I was excited about this Friday Freebie. For some reason, this looked SO good to me! And it tasted really good, too! 🙂
Kroger Shopping Trip
- Idahoan potatoes — free with Free Friday e-coupon
- 2 tubs Private Selection Ice Cream — $2.49 each with Friday-Saturday deal
- 5 bags of Kroger Frozen Chicken Breasts — $4.99 each with Friday-Saturday deal
- Reese’s Minis — 70% off — $1.20
- Hershey Kisses — 70% off — $1.20
- M&M’s — 70% off — $1.17
- 5 boxes Quaker Granola Bars — $0.99 each with Friday-Saturday deal
- Lettuce — $1.79
- Simple Truth yogurt — marked down to $0.49
- Celery — $1.99
- Carrots — $1.69
- Can of Chili — $0.39
- 2 packages blackberries — $1.66 each
- Lemon Juice — $1.69
- 2 packages raspberries — $1.66 each
- 5 boxes of Kroger instant oatmeal — $0.99 per box with Kroger digital coupon
- Onions — $1.61
- 3 snack boxes — marked down to $1 each
- Total with tax: $66.46
Jesse also ran to Publix earlier in the week and got some cheese and lettuce (not pictured) and spent around $4 for that for our taco salad night.
ButcherBox sent us a box of meat for me to unbox on Facebook and Instagram, so Jesse smoked the spare ribs on Friday night and they were SO good!
The meat from ButcherBox is a lot pricier than what we usually pay, but you can definitely tell the quality in how it tastes. It was SO good!
Dinners From This Past Week
- Monday — Leftover Hamburger Vegetable Soup, World’s Best Honey Corn Bread
- Tuesday — English Muffins (from the freezer), Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Grapes/Oranges
- Wednesday — Taco Salad
- Thursday — Pumpkin Waffles, Sausage (from the freezer), Fruit Salad
- Friday — Smoked Ribs, Peas, Corn, Roasted Potatoes
- Saturday — Dinner out
- Sunday — Fend for yourself
Financial News Go